So here she is……. I bought her last fall. Its called a Tiger Adventure Vehicle, and it was built by a company called Provan Industries in Columbia, South Carolina. I named it Annie because anything named Annie has to be sweet. ( if you’re a dude you probably know what I mean by this!) Annie is a 4 wheel drive go anywhere in the world self contained camper thing sitting on a 2001 Ford F-250 chassis. She has almost all the comforts of home. Solar, TV, bathroom , full kitchen (albeit small) and a comfy bed. It is small enough to go places others can’t…….and for what I want to do……ABSOLUTELY PERFECT……….I plan for it to be my home while taking this journey of self discovery.
In the fall of 2018 I found Annie sitting in my neighbors yard being unused and a little neglected. She needed a lot of love….. I immediately knew I had to have her! So, after a couple of discussions, haggling and telling my neighbors about my plans they reluctantly agreed to sell it to me. After many months of modifications, customizations and repairs I have brought her back to life and made her livable for my wants and needs. I hope she serves me well ……..All 100 sq. ft. of her!!!!
Here’s a list of the customizations I have done. I am currently as of this date living in a house on the property of a large mechanics shop. I have access to a collection of mechanics tools that would put Jeff Spicoles ( from Fast Times at Ridgemont High! PRICELESS!) dad to shame! Lucky me. I am taking full advantage of this perk while I am getting ready to do a little traveling in it.
2001 Provan Tiger CX 4×4 on a Ford F250 single cab chassis with a 5.4 liter gas V8 engine.
MODIFICATIONS TO DATE
- Solar system with 230 watts of panels and two batteries to store the power produced.
- Multiple USB and 12 volt outlets and a 2000 watt inverter hooked to the solar.
- An onan 2800 watt generator for back up power for the AC or microwave.
- A TV/VCR combo on a swivel. Gotta have a movie or a little news from time to time.
- Bad ass sound system. Gotta have tunes……
- A cell phone and Wi-Fi signal booster.
- All kinds of exterior storage. Cargo carrier, storage boxes, outdoor solar shower, bike rack, motorcycle rack.
- New vinyl flooring and tile backsplash in kitchen.
- A custom butcher block table and cutting board to replace the factory ones.
- New cabinet hardware, refinished cabinets and reconfigured all cabinet space to maximize storage.
- High performance brakes
- New performance shocks, heavy duty leaf springs, air bags and sway bars to improve the suspension and handling.
- Hidden safe for passport, laptop, etc. etc.
- A deer slaying grille guard.
- “Mudflap Girl” mudflaps. Check out my new logo. You’ll see.
- A hula girl and plastic Jesus on the dashboard. I don’t care if it rains or freezes.
- And a a**wad more I’m forgetting to add.